Video Games - Are they bad? Can they be used in education?

Hello everyone. For this post, I'd like to talk about a topic that has been widely discussed and is still being discussed by countless people on the world. Are video games a bad influence on our youth? Are they entirely a waste of time?



To start off, I'd like to give my personal experience over the years about video games. Video games have been a major impact into my life, as I'm currently 20 years old and a vast majority of my time alive on this planet has been on the computer playing video games. In fact, I owe it to video games that I am able to write this entire paragraph in English here, right now. Its how I am studying English teaching. Since English is now a global language, it is no wonder video games are also in English, and young me had been constantly exposed to English vocabulary throughout the years. I have been constantly learning and experiencing new words, and communicating with English speakers.

I won't go into too much detail, but overall it is thanks to video games that I am currently speaking English so fluently. I am, dare I say, even speaking English better than my native language due to how much I read, write and speak English everyday on the computer.
As for other people, I think we have our answers from just how much young people, and even old people love video games. I'm also not alone in my case, as countless kids are learning English and various languages through video games. My oldest internet friends, who I met through video games, also learned English in games, and also other languages such as Polish.

In education, games can be an amazing tool. Since students already love games, they can be utilized in classrooms to truly capture the attention of students and TRULY learn something while experiencing. Students dont want to go to school, they want to stay home and play video games. If you bring video games to the class, you will ensure they will both learn and have a great time while also bonding with them.

Video games, however, can be easily addictive and ruin lives with little effort. There have been countless cases of people spending insane and unhealthy amount of time playing while also neglecting sleep, nutrition, hydration and other essentials. Video games also become a problem with micro transactions. People easily fall into in-game item scams and recklessly spend money on virtual items.

I still personally see the cons of video games not enough to outpass the pros. Besides, the cons I've stated are human errors and mistakes, they can be easily fixed with family, therapy and correction.

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Pixton

Canva