Second Life in Education and My Opinion Over It


Before I begin this paragraph I'd like to state that I couldn't for the life of me find the IU Campus to take the selfie. This game is horrible and confusing.

Hello everyone. Today, I gave a chance to Second Life as a means of education. I created an account, logged in and wandered around. I will be talking about my experience with this game, and give my opinion about everything I've seen.

First of all, the game performance is extremely poor. From the moment I've logged into this game I cannot for the life of me get anything above 30 FPS, and my computer is relatively strong with 8 GB ram, Intel i7 processor with GTX 1050 graphics card, I am able to run high end games with little to no problems. The overall visuals, movement, animation, the UI, essentially the general experience was horrendous. There was an incredible input lag where my character started to move 5 seconds after I give a command. The UI is weird and confusing, and the map is as buggy as the body of a deceased corpse. Textures do not load, anything thats animated teleports around.

And all of this is only the tip of the iceberg. I always knew that Second Life was essentially a fetish persona game, which only got concrete in my view when I first walked into the world. The entire world is plagued by horny people who are creating sex clubs, characters with clear sexual appeal, predatory pursuits and absolute degeneracy.

I cannot for the life of me see this game as a means of education. One would argue that the students will only login to specific, campus oriented locations but I can only imagine what they will find if they decide to wander off and go around themselves. This game also obviously has predatory pedophiliac players and I truly worry for the gullible children that play this game.

Overall, both the gameplay and its demographics deem this game absolutely unfit for any sort of educational purpose, and shouldn't even be touched by anyone that isnt of age.

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Pixton

Canva